“We never give up. Our bodies are gradually
dying, but we ourselves are being made stronger each day. These little troubles are getting us ready
for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing. Things
that are seen don’t last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal.
That’s why we keep our minds on the
things that cannot be seen.”
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Today I decided to start with the verse. All of 2 Corinthians 4 is phenomenal but this
last part is the summary, and it is my favorite part. Paul has talked about what our ministry is up until this point.
Remember our ministry is our testimony, what Christ has done for
us. For me, my ministry is where God has
brought me to. Yes, it is the “I was
lost and now I’m found” story. Many
people have that ministry as well. But
what about
your testimony makes it appealing or even relatable? Let me tell you! It is where you decided to trust God with EVERYTHING! Not just a few things; not just the big
stuff; EVERYTHING. Don’t have that yet? Then we need to gain a better understanding
as to why we haven’t given up
everything to Him. He is the CREATOR of
the ENTIRE UNIVERSE right? I mean, He
did put all of the stars in the sky and called them by name, right? Then why don’t we trust HIM with
EVERYTHING? Let me tell you what I think
it is: I think we are too afraid. We are too afraid of what God might call us to do? He might call us out of our comfort
zone. He might call us to do something
that is dangerous. Or He may call us to
do something that we just don’t think we
have time for. WOH! It’s true though isn’t it? We are afraid. And I think it’s about time we stood up
and faced these fears. “The god of
this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so they cannot see the light of
the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God” (4:4 NIV). Look around you, there are people blinded of the GLORY of Christ! They are dying inside. They are blinded by the god of this world,
which is the devil. If we don’t step up,
we are letting the people
around us die and die forever. That’s tough
stuff, I know. I can’t believe I am
actually writing this. I can’t believe I
am actually facing one of my fears right now by telling all of my fellow
believers this: WE NEED TO GROW UP AND
STOP MESSING AROUND! God is calling
us to change the direction that this generation is going. We need to be the leaders of a higher
calling. No more of this slacking
off! LET’S GET OFF OF OUR BUTTS AND CHANGE THE WORLD! “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to
show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not
crushed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck
down but not destroyed.” (4:7-9 NIV). It
is with those words that we must be encouraged to tell others about Jesus, not
afraid. Just remember that verse I gave
you in the beginning. “Things that are seen don’t last forever, but things
that are not seen are eternal. That’s
why we keep our minds on the things that cannot be seen” (4:18).

No comments:
Post a Comment