Thursday, July 26, 2012

Radiance....what is it?

Picture by Marc Adamus

Today, I got to read some more of Marian Jordan’s book “Radiant”.  I just love the title of that.  I came in to work this morning, so exhausted.  My sweet little girl was sick all night last night and I’ve just been bogged down with everything going on in my life.  I’ve been exhausted the past few weeks, or maybe even months, with things that have just been on my mind.  It’s like they keep running and running and never stop.  I don’t know where they came from, it’s like they showed up out of nowhere and started attacking me.  I know that in all of my confusion, God is not the Author of that.  So, I really started reading my Bible and writing more.  Low and behold, a devotional blog site came into existence.  I’ve never “technically” blogged before.  By “technically” I mean, that anyone has actually read.   But I am really enjoying it.  I think that it helps with all of these thoughts that I have.  Plus God is speaking to me each morning when I read His Word and His ever-present glory is shining around each word, and I love it!  Back to Marian Jordan’s book “Radiant”, I am just so thankful for this book.  I have barely begun reading it and I already know how much of an impact it is going to have on me.  It’s all about what makes us radiant.  Radiant means “showing happiness: expressing joy, energy, or good health in a pleasing way.”  Wow!   That is from dictionary.com, people!  I am just overwhelmed by that.  That is my desire in this life.  I want to be radiant.  When others look at me, I want them to say, “There is something about her that is drawing me towards her!”  Do you know what it will be?  JESUS!  So, how do we get to that level of radiance?  Is it by doing nice things for other people?  Or is it by following all the “commandments”?  Or do we gain radiance from going to church and listening to the messages?  Nope, none of that will give me a radiant heart that shines for others to see.  What?  Are you serious?  Then what?  Radiance comes from a heart that KNOWS he or she is redeemed.  Ok, so if some of you are completely confused right now, that is perfectly fine.  But what I want you to get most out of this devotional, is not how to live or what we need to do as believers in this life,  BUT what you set your mind on each day!  That’s it!  If you set your mind on things of this world, you will be disappointed.  And who wants to be disappointed?!  This means if you begin to live your days for a goal or a desire then you will never be satisfied.  It’s true.  Look at all of the famous people and people with riches beyond measure, are they happy?  No.  No one is ever truly happy without Jesus.  Christ is the reason we even have a chance in this life.  Once we realize what He did for us, and I mean REALLY did for us, that is when we will shine like the sun!  Marian Jordan says it best, “The motivation to live pure and holy lives comes from our love for Jesus.  We long for the day when we will see His face, and we want to live in a way that pleases Him,” (Radiant.pg 15).

No comments:

Post a Comment