Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Desires of Your Heart??

The Desires of Your Heart???

Psalm 37: 1-9

Don’t be annoyed by anyone who does wrong and don’t envy them.  
[envy means- a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else’s possessions, qualities or luck.]
2 They will soon disappear like grass without rain.
3 Trust the Lord and live right!  The land will be yours, and you will be safe.
4 Do what the Lord wants, and he will give you your heart’s desire.

5 Let the Lord lead you and trust him to help.
6 Then it will be as clear as the noonday sun that you were right.
7 Be patient and trust the Lord. Don’t let it bother you when all goes well for those who do sinful things.
8 Don’t be angry or furious.  Anger can lead to sin.
9 All sinners will disappear, but if you trust the Lord, the land will be yours.


Ok, did anyone besides me just have a “dang-it, I envy people all of the time” moment!  Especially those people who “look” like they have it all together (side note: NO ONE HAS IT ALL TOGETHER).  I’ll be the first to admit that I envy women that are beautiful, or women who have a nice family, or women who have a great job and making good money.  But the Bible says DON’T DO IT!  Don’t envy those people!  We should especially not envy people who are going against God in their everyday life.  This does include but is not limited to: sex outside of marriage…example: chick flicks which include sex outside of marriage is a popular, yet destructive way to engage in covetous actions.  Women, when we see a happy couple on the TV livin’ it up and sleeping together, not married, we begin to desire that kind of relationship in our own life.  Think about it… when have you ever not envied Hilary Swank in P.S. I Love You, or Kate Winslet in the Titanic?  Every time we watch it, right?  And maybe you don’t watch those kind of movies, but haven’t you ever just thought, “if I had a car like that” or “if I had money” blah blah blah.  It’s all envy, people!  And God says do not be envious of people who “do sinful things”.  Every time I am on the right track with the Lord, it always seems like the devil has it out to get me to doubt God and go back to my “old ways”.  Does it seem like that for you?  Maybe right after you leave church you see someone driving a really nice car and you can’t help but think, “man, I really wish I could have one of those cars, then I would be happy.”  Well, you know that’s not true.  You wouldn’t be happy if you got one of those cars.  You would only turn and look at the next thing and desire for it.  Or maybe you see an old friend and they don’t seem to be struggling with doing things the way the world is.  I mean, they never had a problem with doing those things in the first place, so why would they?  We struggle with envy because we are humans. 
I just love when this verse says Trust the Lord and live right!  The land will be yours,
and you will be safe.   Do what the Lord wants, and he will give you your heart’s desire
” (verse 3-4).  I’m pretty sure we all think that we know what is best for ourselves.  But do we really?  I came to this realization when I moved back home, that maybe my mom really did have my best interest in mind when she told me to do certain things.  Here I was, back at my parents’ house with a clearer mind.  A clearer mind, that, when my mom tells me that doing these things will keep me safe I actually believe her instead of rebuking her for “trying to tell me what to do”.  It’s the same with God.  He wants to keep us safe, and He wants to give us our hearts desire, but can He do that when we are living in sin?  Just like, can a parent give a child a present when they don’t obey?  Any parent will tell you, that is a mistake waiting to bite you in the butt.
 
On an ending note, I'm so thankful for ya'll that read my blog.  It means so much to me to know that God is using little ole' me for something bigger then I could have ever imagined.  And I just write what He tells me to.  I mentioned a while back that every time I type one of these things, I say a little prayer that God will speak to His children exactly what He wants them to hear.  So, everything said comes straight from the Father.
Praying for each and every one of ya'll. Lots of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment