Friday, September 7, 2012

Blessings...in Disguise


Blessings... in Disguise

Today, I’m reminded that my treasure or my things here on earth are perishable.  In that, someday, that amazing car I want to get or that house I want to invest so much into will be wiped away as if it was never there to begin with.  Now, that’s not to say that I can’t have a house that I invest money into or even a car that I enjoy driving, but what do I value most in the things that I have?  Do I value my home or my car for building up myself to look good, or for building up my GOD to look good?

What does that mean anyways?  We’ve probably heard it a hundred billion times or maybe we’ve never heard it before, but what does it mean to use things of the world that God has given us for His Kingdom?  It seems kind of heavy, right?  I mean what could I possibly do with my possessions to help God’s Kingdom?  Well...When I am given the responsibility of something on earth, what am I doing with that?  Am I using it for my own glory or for God’s glory?  For example, my beautiful little girl, God gave her to me to do something great through her.  He gave her to me so that I might teach her about His Kingdom and all the wonderful things He has for us up there in Heaven.  That’s a big responsibility.  But we have been blessed with all sorts of things on earth and yet, we only see them for building up our own glory. 
Can I tell you how to fix that?  REMEMBER WHO GAVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU HAVE!  You may not have a house to call your own, and you may not even have a car (or even a very nice car), but you still have something right?  You have life.  You have freedom so that you can worship God without being killed.  You have a roof over your head and a bed to sleep in.  We have been given all of these things, but we don't appreciate them.

Why do we take these things for granted?  I’ll tell you why, because we have never known a loss as having nowhere to sleep, or having to hide when we read our Bible for fear of being killed.  We take our lives for granted.  That’s the bottom line.  What if today you were to see everything you have for its value and Who gave it all to you?  Would you look at life differently? 

Today, I want to challenge you to write out some of things in your life that God has blessed you with and then next to them write what you could do to use it for His Kingdom.  I’ll post mine at the top.

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in a steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where most and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in a steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”  Matthew 6:19-21

Blessings

My Family
photo by CB Jones Photography
 
My Baby Girl
photo by CB Jones Photography
 
My God
photo by Me
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment