Picture by me
Enter the Rest
Rest means “an instance or period of relaxing or ceasing
to engage in strenuous or stressful activity.”
Do you find yourself stressed out periodically, thinking about the
future? Are you constantly going over scenarios
in your mind, in order that you might be
able to solve a situation going on in your life? Do you get nervous when you think about
everything that you have to do in order to be prepared for something? I know I do and that is how I have been for
as long as I can remember. I get so
stressed out that my mind starts going over every possible action to take and
it can last for weeks or maybe even months at a time. If I don’t get a situation resolved or the
answer to my question almost immediately, I become anxious. The definition of anxious is “experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness, typically
about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.” THAT IS ME!
And if it’s not one thing, it’s another thing. It’s
like I am bound to some kind of uncertainty about something. But, God does not want that for us. In fact He offers several solutions to ease
this. Most likely, you all know what
they are. You’ve heard the verses, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in
every situation by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your
requests to God. And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in
Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:4-8) “Anxiety
in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.”(Proverbs
12:25) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own
understanding. In all your ways
acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6) And there are so many more, but do we listen to them or do we believe them? Do I believe them? Today’s devotion is another reality check. I think that we are so caught up in a process
that we forget what we are doing and where we are going in life. Our process has been what we have known for
so long. It’s a practice that we are
used to. We have let our anxiety become a part of us. We allow something that is of this world (it is definitely not from
God) rule in our hearts and
minds. Confusion and fear are NOT from
our Heavenly Father. God is filled with REST. Doesn’t that word just sound nice? REST.
“Be still and know that I AM GOD.” (Psalm
46:10) I think we need to take a
look at our lives and grab hold of this promise. This promise is for God’s people, that we
might have rest instead of fear, peace instead of anxiety, and relaxation
instead of nervousness. Let’s cling
to these verses today and when we find ourselves worrying, LET’S PRAY! For our GOD is the Creator of the entire
Universe, He is Omnipotent, fulfilling, and reassuring us every step of the
way. We must believe it in our
hearts! BELIEVE THAT GOD IS BIGGER THAN OUR SITUATION!
“Therefore, stop worrying about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of
its own.”(Matthew
6:34;CEB)
“In fact, we praise the ones who endured the most. You remember how
patient Job was and how the Lord finally helped him. The Lord did this because
he is so merciful and kind.” (James 5:11)
“For this light momentary
affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,”
(2 Corinthians 4:17)
“And
my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in
Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)

No comments:
Post a Comment